Charles Grimes resolves disputes at all levels. Charles is an old fashioned trial lawyer with strong experience in various areas, centering on businesses and professionals who need complicated matters handled thoroughly and promptly – and with positive results.
Litigation is his primary focus, with experience in a variety of common business and legal areas involving large amounts in controversy, including areas ranging from real estate disputes with governments to large fiduciary litigation with financiers, and from ground-breaking construction law disputes affecting national interests to large tort class action litigation where he served as lead counsel.
Further, Charles has represented and obtained very large results for businesses as well as individuals who have been greatly injured and had their earnings destroyed.
- Complex Litigation - Multiple Parties & Complex/Compound Issues in State and Federal Court
- Real Estate & Construction Law
- Business Law
- Land Use, Zoning, and Governmental Affairs
- Defense of Licensed Professionals in Both Litigation and Administrative Board Hearings
- Lender, Finance and Banking Related Law, Including Claims Resolution
- Tax Court and Governmental Controversies
- Fiduciary Claims and Defenses
- Personal Injury Litigation, Including Catastrophic Injury
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Juris Doctor, 1989; High Honors and Distinction, Law Review, Nathan Burkan Award for outstanding legal writing.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Psychology and Criminal Justice
- North Carolina, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina,
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association