I enjoy taking a problem-solving approach in working with my clients, through negotiation, mediation, and litigation. My greatest job satisfaction comes in seeing the relief on a client's face when his or her case is finalized. I try very hard to educate my clients as to the applicable law regarding their various issues, the practical and logistical aspects of navigating the legal system. I try to integrate the client's knowledge and life experiences into a team experience, combined with my associate lawyers and paralegals, in reaching a cost-effective and favorable outcome concerning their problems. April (a rescue mutt) is our office dog, and she does her share to keep everyone calm and focused.
I received my undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and my Juris Doctorate from Campbell University. While at Campbell, I was privileged to serve as a staff member of the Campbell Law Review.
I have served two terms on the NC Family Law Counsel, am a member and past President of the Iredell County Bar, and am a member and past Chairman of Local Rules Committee for Iredell County.
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Pre and Post Nuptials
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Campbell University, Juris Doctor, 1985, Law Review, American Jurisprudence Award - Corporations and Torts
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Bachelor of Science, 1982, Delta Upsilon
- North Carolina, 1986
- American Bar Association, 1986 – present
- North Carolina Bar Association, 1986 – present
- NCBA Family Law Section, 1986 – present